The Yamaha A-S201 has been designed to reproduce music in true-to-life detail, and built to reproduce high quality, rich sound.
The A-S201 boasts 100W × 2 power, and has a high sound quality design that minimises the length of signal routes and optimises the circuit layout. With the power transformer placed near the power amp circuit, power loss is reduced and peak power supply enhanced to enable high volume output. The result is sound filled with clarity and a feeling of openness.
The Pure Direct Switch bypasses the control circuits for bass, treble and balance. This improves sound quality while maintaining full output capacity.
The A-S201 features a simple and sophisticated design style with an elegant finish and easy to use control buttons and volume knobs.
The A-S201 has one moving magnet phono input terminal for connecting a record player and four other input terminals so that it can be the central unit for different types of audio systems. Its large screw-type speaker terminals provide firm connections with thick speaker cables.
A well designed, solidly built and high performance integrated amplifier from Yamaha.
The slender floorstanding Monitor 200 speakers reveal every aspect of a performance. Their sleek lines and orange drivers make them a stylish addition to any room.
The slim Monitor 200s are the smallest floorstander in the range and are designed to deliver a stunning sound in small to medium-sized rooms. They have all the precision of a two-way speaker, with the addition of an extra bass driver for scale and power.
Two 51/2" MMP II drivers combine to provide powerful, punchy bass lines. The mid-driver is crossed over to the black C-CAM tweeter higher up in frequency, resulting in perfect phase.
The Monitor 200s are equipped with outrigger feet that give a sleeker appearance, take up less floor space and improve the stability of the speaker.
Monitor Key Features
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- Orange translucent MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones - adds a stylish touch
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) - easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter - derived from Monitor Audio's award-winning Bronze series
- Creative use of 51/2" and 61/2" drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology - for an improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Black, white or a walnut finish, with contrasting grey baffle
- Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability
High quality 10 gauge speaker cable. Use for amplifiers running high power and for all subwoofer installations.