Q ACOUSTICS Concept 90 Centre speaker
- Gelcore™ cabinet construction reduces higher frequency cabinet noise.
- Isolation suspension base eradicates unwanted external and internal vibrations.
- The driver assembly is mounted to the front aluminium baffle by pretensioned studs to give the correct acoustic seal, while dampen vibrations and minimise structural coupling of the assembly in main cabinet.
- Ground-up mid/bass and tweeter driver design for increased power handling.
- High-frequency driver is fully hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated (floating) from the front baffle to protect from internal resonances from the mid/bass driver.
- Crossover design is mounted on the isolation base, to minimise any microphonic pick up and away from electro-magnetic fields radiated by the drive units.
A centre channel speaker in a 5.1 home cinema set-up plays a crucial role to convey a realistic surround sound experience. More than just supporting the front left and right channel speakers, a centre channel anchors the dialogue while also seamlessly being part of the whole soundstage. As a key player in the Concept 5.1 package, the Concept 90 is our most advanced and striking centre channel speaker, featuring many anti-resonance technologies that appear in its Concept stablemates to deliver a focused but captivating cinema sound.
Boasting a three-way design with two 125mm mid/bass drivers flanking a 25mm tweeter, the Concept 90 brings ultra-clear dialogue and spellbinding effects to movie watching sessions through it specially developed driver designs.
With sound synergy important in a home cinema speaker system, the Concept 90 harbours the same hermitically sealed and decoupled tweeter enclosure and driver assembly baffle-mounted design as the Concept 30 and 50. The same isolation base, featuring two plates separated by suspension spheres, is also present to isolate the cabinet from external resonances – a crucial design when the speaker is placed straight onto a TV cabinet, while also providing tighter audio, and greater depth to your music and movies.
Matching the design profile of the Concept 30 and 50, the Concept 90 arrives in a trio of finishes – black, white or silver - designed to blend into any Concept 5.1 speaker system you choose to assemble from the range. At the forefront of any surround sound set-up, this stylish centre channel will look at home perched on any cabinet in any interior space.
- Bass unit 2 x 125 mm (5.0 in)
- Treble unit 1 x 25 mm (0.9 in)
- Frequency response(-6dB) 67 Hz - 30 kHz
- Nominal impedance 6 Ω
- Minimum impedance 3.7 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1kHz) 90 dB/w/m
- Recommended amplifier power 25-150 W
- Crossover frequency 2.1 kHz
- Distortion (120Hz - 20kHz, @2.83Vrms) <0.2%
- Effective volume 11 L
- Dimensions (per loudspeaker / HxWxD) 184 x 550 x 259 mm (7.2 x 21.7 x 10.2 in)
- Weight (per loudspeaker) 12.3 kg (27.1 lbs)
In The Box
- 1x Concept 90 speakers
- 2x Foam Bungs
- 1x User Manual