Emotiva RMC1L Processor
Premium A/V Processor
Audiophile sound reproduction
DIRAC Live room correction
The RMC-1L is a Reference Level 3D audio surround-sound processor/preamplifier with 16 discrete channels - designed from the ground up to serve as the nerve centre of a state-of-the-art home cinema and surround sound music system.
Engineered with an innovative hardware platform designed from the ground up combining powerful, cutting-edge digital audio technologies and meticulous classic analogue circuit design to deliver the highest quality, immersive audio experience.
To control this advanced hardware, Emotiva developed an all-new proprietary operating system, which was carefully engineered to be both simple to use and incredibly flexible. Creating the entire system in-house gives precise control over the design and construction process.
The RMC-1L takes this technological innovation to the next level. The RMC-1L incorporates the latest 4k video switching capabilities and most advanced surround sound decoding and processing. It also has sixteen channels of the latest audio digital to analogue conversion hardware to take full advantage of object-oriented surround sound formats – Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. 18 Gbps, bit-perfect video switching in the RMC-1L ensure that you’ll get the best possible image quality from the latest HDR and DolbyVision 4k UHD content. The advanced audio decoding engine, audio processing hardware, and room correction options guarantee true audiophile sound quality and system performance in any room.
The RMC-1L is not only a superb home theatre processor but is also a true audiophile stereo and multichannel audio component. It's what makes the RMC-1L stand out from other processors on the market.
When used as a fully-featured home theatre processor, the RMC-1L starts by decoding the audio from your movie soundtracks and surround sound sources with the best possible sound quality. Sophisticated bass management directs the low-frequency components of the audio spectrum to your subwoofer. This finely tuned digital audio is then converted into high-quality analogue audio by precision DACs and sent to your amplifiers - via a high-quality analogue resistor ladder volume controls and audiophile-grade analogue circuitry.
If you listen to high-resolution audio downloads or other high-quality music sources which don't require all of that advanced processing, the RMC-1L offers several purist audiophile modes. High-quality digital sources, both PCM and DSD, can be converted directly to analogue by the precision high-performance DACs, bypassing all additional processing. If you have analogue sources which don't require any processing at all, they can be routed directly to the superb quality, fully balanced analogue signal path, completely bypassing all digital processing.
One of the main features of the RMC-1L is the advanced Dirac Live automatic room correction system, which operates across both the time and frequency domains, taking you dramatically closer to the action in today's blockbuster movies, and lifting the veil between you and your high-resolution music files. Dirac Live is widely considered to be the most advanced room correction system available today. The powerful Dirac Live engine is built into the RMC-1L itself, while the calibration software is installed and run on your computer when it's time to calibrate your system. Each RMC-1L includes its own calibrated measurement microphone and Dirac Interface Kit.
Decoding and Processing
Surround Sound Processing Support:
- Dolby Atmos (up to 9.1.6).
- Dolby TrueHD (up to 7.2).
- Dolby Digital Plus.
- Dolby Digital.
- DTS:X (up to 7.1.4)
- DTS-HD Master Audio.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.
- DTS 5.1.
- Multi-Channel PCM.
Digital Post Processing Support:
- Dolby Surround.
- DTS Neural:X.
Inputs / Outputs
Analog Audio Inputs:
- (1) pair; stereo: Reference quality analogue audio (balanced XLR).
- (3) pairs; stereo: Reference quality analogue audio (unbalanced; machined gold-plated RCA connectors).
Analog Audio Outputs:
- (1) set; 16 channels: Main analogue audio outputs (balanced XLR).
- (1) pair; stereo: analogue line level Zone 2 output (unbalanced).
- (1) high quality 1/8” stereo headphone output.
Digital Video Inputs and Outputs:
- (8): HDMI digital video inputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (all inputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR, including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
- (2): HDMI digital video outputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (one with CEC and ARC). (both outputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR - including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
Digital Audio Inputs:
- Internal high-performance AM/FM tuner.
- (4): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (4): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (1): AES/EBU (XLR) digital audio.
- (1): USB Type B digital audio (UAC2 USB audio up to 24/192k)
- Digital PCM and DSD audio supported on all HDMI inputs and USB input
Digital Audio Outputs:
- (1): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (1): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (2): USB Type A digital data inputs (for firmware updates and future enhancements).
- (1): Ethernet port (RJ-45) (network connection for Dirac and remote control applications).
Controls and Remote Control Options:
- Front panel control via unique multi-axis encoder, which combines a precision rotary encoder and a sensitive four-quadrant joystick type controller.
- Full sized machined aluminium infrared remote control with discrete buttons for HDMI input selection, trim adjustments, and other major functions.
- Remote control apps - available for Apple and Windows computers and Android phones.
- Integration with universal infrared remote controls and popular infrared and network operated whole-home control systems.
- Four flexible Trigger Outputs can be independently configured to activate amplifiers or other trigger-enabled equipment.
Dimensions & Weight
- Unboxed: 17” Wide x 15.5” Deep x 5.25” High (not counting feet).
- Unboxed: 17” Wide x 15.5” Deep x 5.75” High (with feet).
- Boxed: 22" Wide x 19" Deep x 10" High
- Unboxed 22 lbs.
- Boxed 31 lbs.