Emotiva RMC1 AV Processor
Reference level processor
16 channels of decoding
DIRAC room calibration
The RMC-1 is a state-of-the-art surround sound processor - designed from the ground up to serve as the nerve centre of a modern home theatre or surround sound music system. The bit-perfect video switches in the RMC-1 ensure that you’ll get the best possible image quality from the latest HDR and Dolby Vision 4k UHD discs, and the advanced audio decoding engine, audio processing hardware, and room correction options guarantee you true audiophile sound quality and performance.
Unlike other surround sound processors, the RMC-1 is not only a superb home theatre processor but also a true audiophile stereo component. With support for the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-oriented surround sound formats, with plenty of channels to fulfil the needs of the most demanding installations, and sound quality and performance equal to or better than the best stereo equipment currently on the market. Along with that, it had to deliver superb bit-perfect picture quality, and support the latest HDR and Dolby Vision 4k UHD video content. And, finally, it had to be relatively simple to configure and operate, so that customers can take full advantage of its advanced performance and capabilities.
To make all this possible, Emotiva started by developing a whole new hardware platform, which combines powerful new cutting-edge processor technology with painstaking analogue circuit design to deliver the best possible audio performance. Running on this hardware platform, our proprietary operating system powers the menu system and all of the advanced control logic. This new platform was first introduced to the public in the highly successful XMC-1. The RMC-1 takes this technological innovation to the next level, with the latest 4k HDR and Dolby Vision UHD video switching capabilities, improved audio decoding and processing, the latest digital to analogue conversion hardware, more channels to fully support the latest object-oriented surround sound formats, and even more room for future expansion and upgrades.
The RMC-1 delivers the level of audio performance and features you would expect from separate high-end audiophile components, combined with precise bit-perfect video switching of the latest HDR and Dolby Vision 4k UHD video content, and plenty of channels to support the latest object-oriented home theatre surround sound formats (including Dolby Atmos up to 9.1.6 and DTS:X up to 7.1.4). The RMC-1 offers the full range of audio options, from native playback of DSD audio to pure analogue playback in our audiophile Reference Stereo mode, to full decoding of the latest object-oriented soundtracks. With the RMC-1 you really can have it all….. without compromise.
Inputs / Outputs
Analog Audio Inputs:
- (1) pair; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (balanced XLR).
- (3) pairs; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (unbalanced; machined gold-plated RCA connectors).
Analog Audio Outputs:
- (1) set; 16 channels: Main analog audio outputs (balanced XLR).
- (1) pair; stereo: analog line level Zone 2 output (unbalanced).
- (1) high quality 1/8” stereo headphone output.
Digital Video Inputs and Outputs:
- (8): HDMI digital video inputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (all inputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR, including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
- (2): HDMI digital video outputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (one with CEC and ARC). (both outputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR - including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
Digital Audio Inputs:
- Internal high-performance AM/FM tuner.
- (4): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (4): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (1): AES/EBU (XLR) digital audio.
- (1): USB Type B digital audio (UAC2 USB audio up to 24/192k)
- Digital PCM and DSD audio supported on all HDMI inputs and USB input
Digital Audio Outputs:
- (1): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (1): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (2): USB Type A digital data inputs (for firmware updates and future enhancements).
- (1): Ethernet port (RJ-45) (network connection for Dirac and remote control applications).
- (3): Expansion slots for additional optional custom Input/Output modules
Decoding and Processing
Surround Sound Processing Support:
- Dolby Atmos (up to 9.1.6).
- Dolby TrueHD (up to 7.2).
- Dolby Digital Plus.
- Dolby Digital.
- DTS:X (up to 7.1.4)
- DTS-HD Master Audio.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.
- DTS 5.1.
- Multi-Channel PCM.
Dimensions & Weight
- Boxed: 22” Wide x 19” Deep x 10” High
- Unboxed: 17” Wide x 15.5” Deep x 7” High (not counting feet)
- Unboxed: 17” Wide x 15.5” Deep x 7.525” High (with feet)
- Unboxed 24 lbs.; Boxed 32 lbs.